So in March I ordered some FYF socks for $80. Hoping for some volleyball magic, who knows. They look cool.
They finally arrived at my condo in Bangkok. The process for receiving them was so amazingly inefficient. Amazing Thailand!
- I got a slip in my mailbox at my condo saying there is a package at the Pra Kanong post office for me
- Take the BTS to Pra Kanong and find the post office
- come and take a number and sit and wait
- A guy at desk takes my number and tells me to follow him
- We go to another office outside and he leaves me there
- A man in that office looks up my information in a binder. Nope not that one, gets out another one, ah there it is.
- He tells me to go back into the main area and take another number and wait.
- I do so and am called to the same window as before.
- The man there enters my information into a computer.
- I pay him 1000 baht tariff on my 2500 baht package. Yes that’s 40%
- He gives me a slip of paper and tells me to take it back outside to the outside area office
- I give the slip of paper to the guys in the second room.
- They make me sign something and give me my package
Next time you chafe at the US Postal service, remember Thailand is out there… 🙂